저는 태국영화 하면 옹박 같은 무에타이류 영화나 괴기영화를 주로 떠 올리고는 합니다.
오늘 Bad Genius라는 영화를 봤는데, 처음에는 공포물인줄 알고 봤습니다. 그런데 뜻밖에 초반에 컨닝이 나오더군요. 아… 이 영화는 공부 잘하는 아이가 죽어서 복수를 하는 그런 영화구나… 하고 생각했습니다.
결론부터 말씀드리자면, 결국 이런 추측은 제 태국영화에 대한 편견이었다고 할 수 있습니다.
영화 처음부터 흥미진진한 이야기로 시작이 되는데, 보면 볼수록 컨닝의 난이도가 높아져 갔습니다.
영화의 비교적 시작부분에서 친구를 위해 정답을 넘겨주려고 하자 선생님이 노려보십니다.
이때 나오는 비기는 지우개에 정답을 적어 신발에 넣어 보내는 이른바 지우개 셔틀…
아래는 피아오에서 영감을 얻어 손가락으로 정답을 전달하는 비기…
위에서 언급했지만 영화가 진행될수록 컨닝의 난이도는 높아져가고…
저러다 걸리지 않을까… 하고 영화 보는 내내 눈을 뗄 수가 없었습니다.
아래 나오는 …가 이 영화의 주인공 “린”입니다. 머리가 좋고 공부를 잘 해, 친한 친구를 도와주려다 의도하지 않은 어둠의 구렁텅이로 빠지게 됩니다.
아래는 학교에서 쌍두마차를 달리며 공부를 잘하는 남자 주인공 “뱅크”
이 영화속에 나오는 4명의 악동이 컨니을 어떤 수준으로 승화시키는지 결론을 알려드리면 영화 제작자께서 별로 안좋아 하실 듯 싶습니다. 그렇지만, 이 영화가 개인적으로는 너무너무 재미있었다는 말은 하고 싶습니다.
간만에 본 태국영화 “Bad Genius”는 그저 그런 액션영화나 코미디영화에게 질리신 분들에게 추천합니다.
다양한 제안 표현 (~해주시면 좋겠습니다. ~해주셔서 감사해요)
- Let me know if you are interested.
- Thank you for submitting a proposal to us.
- Let me get back to you as soon as possible regarding your proposal.
- I will review this proposal and get back to you as soon as I can.
- We will get back to you after careful consideration.
- We will review your suggestion.
- We hope you will find our offer attractive.
- I’m glad to inform you that we are willing to accept your offer.
- We are willing to meet you and talk about your suggestion.
- We will receive approval or disapproval by next week.
- We look forward to a mutually rewarding relationship with you.
- We are anxious to contact some firms in your city with a view to acting as their sales agents and distributors in Korea.
(*with a view to ~할 목적으로)
We are pleased to provide a new, more competitive price list.
We are a customer-oriented organization.
We pride ourselves on the quality of the products we produce and feel confident that they will help you to expand your market.
We look forward to having a pleasant business relationship with you.
We are especially interested in buying XYZ and would like to know if you carry this item.
We would be pleased if you would let us have the names and addresses of some reliable importers in Busan.
Please call us at your convenience at 333-4444.
다양한 거절 (죄송해요~)
- Our decision was extremely difficult as there were several high quality proposals to choose from.
Our technicians are unable to handle the situation.
- Unfortunately, we found that we were running out of time to take care of that issue.
Although I think it was a superb idea, we decided to do it on our own.
We regret to inform you that your proposal does not meet our requirements at this time.
We regret to announce that your application was rejected this time.
We regrettably must turn it down.
We reluctantly have to say no to your offer.
- We reluctantly decided to outsource that project.
- We are afraid that this course of action is not possible.
- We are afraid that our engineers cannot be sent to your factory.
We are not able to send our engineer to your factory tonight, but we can fix your system remotely.
We don’t have the model 224 in stock, but we can ship model 224-1 immediately.
We are not able to hire you at this time, but we will keep your name on file.
We will contact you if any specific needs arise in the future.
As your company is a reliable dealer, we will recommend it to our marketing department.
I’m afraid we can’t send any samples at the moment. Please look at the product details posted on our website.
영문 메일 작성시 자주 쓰는 인사
- Hope you are well.
- It’s been a while.
- Long time no talk!
- It’s been a long time.
- Good to talk to you again.
- I haven’t seen you in years.
- Haven’t talked with you in[for]ages.
- How have you been?
- What have you been doing?
- What have you been up to?
- How are you doing? Is everything going well with you?
- What’s up?
- What’s new?
- Anything new?
영문메일 작성시 상대방이 안부를 물었을 때 첫 인사
- I’ve been okay.
- Never been better.
- I have been busy with work.
- I was out of town for a month.
- I was on a business trip last month.
- It was good to talk with you the other day.
- Hope everything is good.
- It is my honor to be of help to you.
- It is my honor to serve you.
- I am so happy to serve our customers with our products.
- I am so happy[glad] to do this project with you.
- I feel so lucky to have this opportunity.
- I look forward to mutually beneficial growth.
- I would like to establish a good partnership with you.
- I hope this finds you well.
- I believe you are enjoying the sunshine in Miami.
- It was nice to see you at the conference.
감사하다는 표현도 다양하다
- Thank you for everything.
- Thank you for your help.
- Thank you for your time.
- Thank you for your sympathy.
- Thank you for your email.
- I appreciate your flexibility.
- I appreciate your prompt reply.
- Let me introduce myself briefly to start.
- GNH was established in 1978.
- Let me start off by introducing our company.
- Let me explain what we do first.
- Let me start off by introducing our new business.
- First of all, let me tell you briefly about what we do.
- I am JP Choi and I am responsible for making contracts.
- First of all, let me tell you about our colleague, Kim Daehan briefly.
- I am sure there is no need to introduce myself.
- I hope you remember me.
- Why don’t I introduce myself to break the ice?
- My name is Minjeong Kim (who is) in charge of the General Affairs Department.
- This is Kevin Lee responsible for overseas sales.
- I am Misun Lee, responsible for overseas contact.
- I am David Shin, working in the Financial Department.
- We are the emerging player in the IT industry of Korea.
- I am Jerry Hobbs of CPA Testing Center informing you of the test result.
- I will be replacing Mr. Kim starting next week.
Opening email phrases (opening part of a business letter)
- I am writing to confirm …
- I am writing to apologize for …
- I am writing to enquire about …
- I am writing to you in response to your advertisement for…
- I received your address from + and would like …
- I recently wrote to you about …
- In reply to your letter of 8 May, …
- With reference to your letter of 8 June, I …
- With reference to your advertisement in …
- With reference to your phone call today, …
- After having seen your advertisement in … , I would like …
- After having received your address from … , I …
- Thank you for your letter of 8 May.
- Thank you for your letter regarding …
- Thank you for your letter/e-mail about …
- To Whom It May Concern:
Thank you phrases (useful for writing a business thank you letter)
- Thank you.
- Thank you very much.
- Thank you in advance
- Thank you for your help!
- Thank you for your letter!
- Thanks for your assistance!
- Thank you for your patience.
- Thanks for the prompt response.
- Thank you for your kind comments!
- Thank you very much for your answers!
- Thank you for your time and consideration.
- Thank you very much for your warm words!
- Thank you for allowing us the privilege of serving you!
- Thank you for the e-mail. We appreciate your feedback, and will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Suggestions are welcome, thank you.
- My apologies to you for bothering you, and thank you for your kind help.
Closing email phrases (business letter closing phrases)
- I look forward to your reply.
- I look forward to seeing you.
- I look forward to hearing from you.
- I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- I look forward to meeting you next Tuesday.
- I look forward to seeing you next Thursday.
- We look forward to welcoming you as our customer.
- I look forward to an opportunity to speak with you personally.
- I look forward to a successful working relationship in the future.
- I hope to get answers from you.
- Good luck and I look forward to your response!
- If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- I would appreciate your immediate attention to this matter.
- Your prompt reply is very much appreciated.
- Please contact us again if we can help in any way.
- Please contact us again if there are any problems.
- Please contact us again if you have any questions.
- I am writing to … Inquire/ ask/ request/ offer/ introduce/ thank/ apologize/ congratulate
- I am writing in reply to
- Further to/… with reference to our … conversation
- This is to inform/ let know/ advice
- As you know from our previous correspondence…
- Do not hesitate to contact me.
- Please, notify that a reply is required by… without fail.
- We would be grateful if you could…
- We look forward to your (early) reply
- Your prompt reply will be appreciated.
- I am much obliged to you for…
- I deeply appreciate your …
- I was pleased to…
- It is very kind of you to…
- Many thanks for…
- Many thanks in advance.
- Please, accept my sincere/ deep appreciation for your help.
- We are grateful for your co-operation.
- I will be in touch as soon as …
- I will keep you informed.
- The information will be handled in confidence.
- Pay special attention to the fact that…
- We refer to our telephone conversation of…
- We should be most happy to provide you with any further information you may require….
- We will certainly contact you if…
- I am writing to ask you for a favour…
- In accordance with law I request…
- by separate mail…
- We would share with you the estimates of…
- I am afraid that…
I am sorry that I missed the opportunity of contacting you earlier/ calling you…
I am very sorry to have caused you so much trouble…
I must apologize that…
I regret to inform you that…
Please, accept my apologies for…
Please, forgive me for troubling you taking so much time / taking so long to answer your letter the delay in…
The reason for the present delay is…
We are sorry for the inconvenience that we may have caused you.
To my regret I must inform you that…
Closing the letter
Looking forward to continue co-operation, I remain…
Very Truly Yours,
- I am very disappointed about this fact.
I have to ask you to accept the responsibility for these damages/ actions…
Arranging an appointment
- To accept an invitation
To ask for an appointment
To be present (at/in)
To decline an invitation
To fix the exact dates of call/ meeting/ work
I am unable to accept your invitation.
I could come/ call at any…
I should be pleased to know what dates would be convenient to you.
Proposals and promises
- As promised
As we requested
Does the idea appeal to you?
I hope you will not mind
If the above idea is attractive to you…
If you find circumstances acceptable …
In case our proposal would be acceptable…
It is more possible for us to…
On the following conditions
We shall do our best to…
- As a result of…
As you may know…
At the present time…
Despite the fact that…
Draw your attention to…
In view of the above said…
It is to be noted…
On the ground that…
Take into account…
Take into consideration…
Briefly, the main points that have been made are…
I have some sympathy with your position, but…
Excuse me, but I think it is relevant to add that…
I am afraid there seems to have been a slight misunderstanding…
회사에 일이 있어 삼일절에 근무를 하고 대신 그 다음날(평일) 대체 휴일을 맞이하였습니다.
물론 직원들과의 합의하에 삼일절 근무를 결정했고, 일할때는 아무 생각이 나지 않았습니다. 오로지 일에만 전념했으니…
좋았던 것은 삼일절에 일한 만큼에 대한 보람은 있었다는 것입니다.
이제 나쁜 점에 대해 이야기 해 보려 합니다.
삼일절이 뭐 대수냐… 다음날 쉬면 되지… 하고 생각했습니다.
쉬는 날이니 뭔가 좋을 줄 알았는데,
아침에 일어나 애들 학교에 데려다 주고
아침에 인터넷 관련 정보 찾고 메일 보고나서 밥 먹고 나니 하루가 거의 다 끝나 가네요.
책을 봐도 재미가 없고
영화를 봐도 재미가 없네요.
이런날일수록 회사에 가고 싶다는 생각이 문득 드는 이유는 무엇인지…
역시 남들 놀때 놀아야 노는 맛이 제대로 나는 것 같습니다.